We're looking for a senior PHP/Zend Framework developer that helps us to bring our software as a service solution to the next level. If you have years of experience in developing web application with clean, documented code and clean MVC patterns than you might be the person for the job.
- Developing new features and modules for our solution. Starting from the idea to the concept until the deployment you'd be responsible for your code
- Maintaining the existing solution and optimizing it, based on the needs for a fully scalable solution
- Bringing new solutions and technologies to life within our solution to serve our clients even better
About our Development & Technologies
We’ve outsourced the server management, so we can solely focus on our product and coding. Our servers use Apache, MySQL and Varnish. Our deployment and development consists of Git,Capistrano, Vagrant, Redis, If you're familiar with any of these technologies it is a big plus, otherwise you'll have to learn it.
The application is written in PHP 5.3+, mainly around ZendFramework 1 and
Doctrine ORM 1. You must be proficient in this area. Knowledge in HTML, CSS and jQuery and theBootstrap Framework is a must as well.
We also have an API written in Go.
What you should bring
Required / Must be Proficient
- PHP 5.3+
- Zend Framework 1
- Doctrine ORM 1
- jQuery, Boostrap
- Git / Bitbucket
Nice to Have
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFront)
- Fluent in English writing/speaking
- Age between 20 - 40 (we are between 20-40)
- Motivated to learn new skills, programming languages and technologies
- Have an interest in technology beyond the job (it's a plus if you write a blog, tweet, publish open source code on GitHub, help others on StackOverflow or try out new technologies and likes all things IT)
- We're into tv series, so it does not hurt :-)
- Like tours and activities, as we're planning to do company events where we experience what we sell (river rafting, canyoning, hiking, city tours, skydiving :-))
- We're entrepreneurs at heart and expect dedication, passion and self-dependence of our employees, so we expect you to make decisions and get things done.
About Trekksoft Ltd.
TrekkSoft is a Swiss based start-up company founded in 2010. The founders, a group of adventure enthusiasts, and experience specialists, had the idea to create a booking engine for tour operators and activity providers. In the last two years, TrekkSoft has been growing substantially, providing online booking and reservation solutions to over 900 tour and activity (T&A) companies worldwide and generating a credit card transaction volume of 8 million CHF. TrekkSoft focuses on usability and tries to make the booking process as simple and convenient as possible by, providing a software as a service solution. Anyone can sign up for this software in six easy steps, free of charge. Further, only transactions completed online are charged with a small commission fee.
- USD 7 million online turnover generated
- over 800k passengers booked
- 900 T&A operators as clients
- Offices in Switzerland and New York
If you're interested in this position and would like to work for us, we're happy to get your application on email@example.com.
Please include the following things:
- CV (or links to your online profile (LinkedIn, Xing, Twitter, Blog, Websites)
- Code examples (Git Hub Repositories, StackOverflow Profile, Online Portfolio, Code Example)
- Testcase Code (if you have no Zend Framework code examples)
Test Case: “QR code render function
- We expect clean, well documented (DocBlocks) code in the same way Zend Framework is built and documented.
- We like to see (abstract) classes, methods, interfaces, exceptions (SPL: http://php.net/manual/en/spl.exceptions.php) and constants the way they should be used.
- If you want to go the extra mile include something that shows us you’ve got skills. You could also write a few paragraphs to outline your design decisions.
- Your solution should be self-contained. You are only allowed to use dependencies (like a 3rd party HTTP client) if you provide a composer.json (http://getcomposer.org).
Write an object-oriented QR code renderer where the renderer logic can be switched/injected. As a reference and default implementation use https://developers.google.com/chart/infographics/docs/qr_codes.
The API should look like this:
$qrCode = new QrCode('TrekkSoft', 50, 50); // text, width, height
$qrCodeData = $qrCode->generate(); // should return the image data, not the URL