With Christmas only a few weeks away and Europe sprinkled in snow, everyone is getting into the Christmas mood. For companies, this is a great time to show-off a more personal side of your business, drive online engagement and market the life out of your tourism products.
Here are a few things you can do to inject some festive spirit into your tours and activities.
1. Run special Christmas-themed tours
Here are some ideas:
- Time Travel: How Christmas was celebrated in the past
- Here are some weird Christmas traditions we have
- Hollywood Tour: Famous Christmas films were made here
- Church Tour: Visit the most Christmas-y churches in town (plus a free Christmas performance by a local choir)
2. Create unique content you can publish on your blog this Christmas
Here are some blog titles:
- Celebrate Christmas like a local: the ultimate Christmas to-do list in (destination name)
- Local Christmas markets to visit and what you should try
- Things to do with your 3-year-old this Christmas
3. Organise a fun Christmas giveaway on social media or on your website.
You can give away discount codes, free trips, free merchandise or even free upgrades. When you're generous with your customers, they'll do the same to you.
4. Get your employees to dress up for a day and have fun posting silly pictures on social media.
You could even run a poll for people to vote for the best Christmas outfit on social media, a great way to increase engagement with your audience.
5. Create free Christmas e-cards that your customers can download.
If you have a particularly good collection of pictures or you're the master of Christmas puns, have a go at creating some e-cards that your audience can download and send to their friends and family. It's a great way to inspire people to visit your destination and book a tour with you.
Tip: You can also add a secret promo code for those who download your free e-cards.
For 15 more ideas, download our free Christmas Checklist and get your business booming this holiday season.
Published by Nicole Kow
Having graduated from the UK, Nicole travelled around Europe before joining TrekkSoft's marketing team. She is now based in KL and regularly blogs about her travels at Next Train Out.