Those who work in tourism know how much the internet moves businesses today, right? Mainly because it is online, where users check destinations, travel activities, and prices and make their reservations for flights, accommodation, and leisure.
According to data from Statista, indices for the travel sector made with online reservations and purchases exceeded expectations. Globally, the size of this market totaled approximately USD 475 billion in 2022. And this number is forecast to exceed USD 521 billion in 2023 and rise to over USD 1 trillion by 2030.
With that in mind, having tools that facilitate the work of tour operators when it comes to the volume of online reservations and the organization of it is fundamental, and TrekkSoft is a platform that enables complete management for tour operators. Thinking about tourism business needs, TrekkSoft has a direct integration with Google Things To Do.
Since 2021, Google Things To Do has helped travelers discover new things, learn more about them, and easily book experiences in a destination.
What is Google Things To Do?
For those who have yet to learn what Google Things To Do is, as we mentioned, it is a Google feature that, among other things, allows travelers to discover and book activities directly in Google search results.
The platform easily enables eligible partners to show items related to travel activities on Google platforms.
Keep in mind that Google is the search engine most used by users at the moment and captures more than 95% of mobile traffic.
This feature is the successor of Google Reserve, which allowed to make travel-related reservations directly from Google search, including Google Maps. Now, Google Things To Do enables customers to connect with other relevant travel services, all based on traveler searches on Google. This means that customers are invited to visit the operator's website, or the travel agencies that sell interesting experiences related to the research travelers are doing.
Ensuring space in Google searches is a great way to provide sales conversion for tour and activities operators, since tourists are always searching for new things to do.
And how does Google Things To Do works?
It's simple! For example: if a traveler goes to Paris and wants to visit the Eiffel Tower, he will possibly search for “how to visit the Eiffel Tower”, this is when his operator can be present. As a result of the search, the traveler will find some general information about the tourist site, as well as several links for booking tickets. So if someone searches for “how to visit the Eiffel Tower,” tour operators offering similar activities will show up in the results. Yes! This is a way to get your products listed on Google Things To Do at no cost.
Previously, Google Things To Do only provided links to hotel bookings, but now it has expanded to other activities as well, such as tours and cultural attractions. It's a great way to make your business stand out as travelers start to do their reservation searches on Google. Still, for everything to work out, it is very important that operators have booking software integrated into the platform.
How can tour operators benefit from TrekkSoft's integration with Google Things To Do?
The main goal of Google Things To Do is to make travelers' life easier and even more fun. They can discover new places and experiences, compare prices and choose the best option for their needs.
For tour and activities operators, being listed on Google Things To Do can provide numerous benefits, including:
- Increased visibility. By being listed on the platform, tour, and activity operators can increase, overall, being shown to potential customers searching for things to do in a specific location. With this, you can see an increase in your website traffic and bookings.
- Improved customer engagement. Google Things To Do allows tourism businesses to showcase their offerings, including photos, descriptions, and reviews. This can engage potential customers and provide them with the information they need to make informed decisions about the activities and tours.
- Competitive advantage. Stand out from competitors and increase market share, which is particularly important in highly competitive markets where customers have many options to decide from.
- Access to valuable data. Google Things To Do provides operators access to valuable data on customer behavior and preferences. This helps optimize offerings and marketing strategies to meet customers' needs better.
- Increase bookings with OTAs. The OTAs, such as Trip, Viator, and GetYourGuide, partnered with Google and also displays activities.
- Higher conversion rates. Tour and activity operators can increase their conversion rates by providing potential customers with a seamless booking experience. Google Things To Do allows customers to book and pay for activities directly through the platform easily. Still, you need to use a compatible booking system, such as TrekkSoft, where operators can list tours, activities, and tickets to local attractions.
Being on Google Things To Do can be a powerful tool for operators looking to increase visibility, engage customers, and grow businesses.
If you are interested in learning more about Google Things To Do, don't miss out on our informative webinar that delves deeper into this fascinating topic. Click here to watch it and enhance your knowledge on this amazing feature.