As a tour and activity operator, there are many trends you want to pay attention to. As you build your business, attending seminars is an important way to learn more about a trend on the rise. These are the big three of the season:
- Responsible tourism
- Marketing trends
While attending the World Travel Market London, you’ll have a chance to attend several talks on these and other subjects. We’ve taken the time to highlight a few seminars based on these trends that you can enjoy in London!
Millennials are a key demographic in tourism today. These younger travelers are searching for adventure, activities and vibrant cultural opportunities. The seminars here will help you better understand the needs and desires of this new target audience.
- November 8th - Understanding what is important to millennials when purchasing a premium product in the travel retail environment
- November 8th - The New Culinary Traveller
Marketing is an ongoing effort for your business. This is a priority in the WTM schedule this year. These seminars will help you learn innovative ways to attract more people to your company.Seminars:
- November 7th - WTM & Traverse Presents - YouTube and the Continuing Rise of Video
- November 7th - WTM & Traverse Presents - Mobile and Live social media
- November 8th - WTM & Traverse Presents - Personalisation for Bloggers and Brands
- November 8th - WTM & Traverse Presents - Harnessing The Power of Influencers on the Path to Purchase
From purchasing goods and services, to conserving natural and cultural resources, Responsible Tourism is all about valuing the community. Both businesses and travelers are looking for opportunities to engage in these positive experiences. This year, WTM is launching a new feature, showcasing some of the ways tourists can engage positively with local communities.
Every year the Responsible Tourism events at WTM London are a great success, boasting nearly 2000 participants. Additionally, 2017 is the UN's International Year of Sustainable Development through Tourism. With a more conversational forum, these events serve as a chance to not only educate and inspire, but forge new business relationships.
- November 7th - India: Enhancing the Tourist Experience
- November 8th - Responsible Tourism Speed Networking
- November 9th - Communicating Responsible Tourism: advocacy & marketing
We hope these recommendations will be helpful to you! If you have any questions, let us know in the comments or come meet up with us at our stand! See you in London!
Written by Sara Napier Burkhard
Sara is a writer from the American West Coast. In recent years, she's written for companies like Hipmunk, iTourMobile and Mylikes. She now resides in Zurich, Switzerland where she finds new adventures and attempts to speak German with minimal success.